Steady Pro’s Blog
Super Useful Cleaning Tips Every Homeowner Should Know
Becoming a homeowner is more than just being able to afford a home and properly furnishing it. The real challenge lies in how well you keep it clean. While many people employ residential cleaning services Kansas City, this is not something that many people can do on a daily basis. There are also many household cleaning tasks that a Kansas City Maid Service will not usually touch on. As such, before you call your home maid cleaning service you should have some cleaning know-how to get you by during the in-between times and additional tasks. Fortunately, these super useful cleaning secrets and hacks will help you with just that:
1. Have an odor-free refrigerator with coffee grounds. Local house cleaning services do not usually include refrigerator cleaning, so if you want to make your refrigerator odor-free place a cup of new or even used coffee grounds inside. The interior will absorb the scent of the coffee for several weeks until you will have to replace it.
2. Clean your dishwasher hassle-free with white vinegar. If your residential cleaning services Kansas City will not touch on this cleaning task, you can do it yourself in a stress-free manner. Pour half a cup of white vinegar into your dishwasher detergent cup and turn on the (empty) machine, letting it run for one whole cycle. The result will be better than you putting half your body in and scrubbing it yourself!
3. Use dryer sheets to clean pots and pans. If you do not feel like scrubbing pots and pans with a deep crust that resulted after baking, you may be tempted to just let a home maid cleaning service do it. Instead, leave one dryer sheet in every pot or pan, fill it up with water and leave overnight. The following day, swirl the dryer sheet around and see how the residue is very soft and clings to the dryer sheet. The combination of fabric softener and antistatic agent helps the residue loosen from the pot and be easily wiped up by the dryer sheet.
4. Nix garbage grime with old newspapers. Slimy and stinky garbage grime may turn you off and make you wish that local house cleaning services would come over and clear it for you. But it does not have to accumulate like that ever again! By lining your garbage bins with old newspapers, you have something that absorbs the slimy leaks and stinky odors before they get gelled up at the bottom.
5. Deodorize and clean your microwave easily with water and lemon juice. Cleaning your microwave might not be on the list of services of a Kansas City Maid Service, so here’s a quick trick to do it. Squeeze the juice of a small lemon into a small bowl of water, place in a microwave (along with the lemon peels) and turn it on high for 4-5 minutes. The evaporating lemon scent will cut through lingering food odors, while the steam will soften up any splatters that will make for real easy wiping.
These five super useful cleaning tips and tricks are so easy to apply, you will probably get to do them all in one night – and many nights regularly so soon after that!