For many people, a carpet can be a sort-of finishing touch to a home. However, owning one also comes with a host of problems that will require professional help from carpet cleaning services Kansas City. Here are some carpet cleaning woes that we’ve culled together that you might be able to relate with – along with some sound advice from the best carpet cleaning service providers themselves.
1. Juice and drink stains. Whether you like to throw a wine tasting party or your children practically bathe in sticky juice, these beverages usually end up staining the carpet. A carpet cleaning service is usually what’s on the agenda when the troublesome spot is hard to rub out. One carpet cleaning tip that carpet cleaning services Kansas City will share is to dab at the spot and allow the napkin or rag to absorb most of it. Scrub gently on what is left with some light detergent and leave it out to dry.
2. Pet hair that’s clinging on to the fibers. Many carpet cleaning services Kansas City report that pet owners sometimes have trouble getting rid of their pet’s hair from the carpet. Carpet cleaning via vacuum sometimes does not do the trick. Before you call a carpet cleaning service, you can try brushing the area first with a coarse bristle brush to get the hairs off the carpet fibers.
3. Gum stuck on your carpet. You’ll be surprised to find out just how much gum carpet cleaning services Kansas City cleans up during a job. Usually, those gum stains show signs of struggle around the general area, leaving the impression that the owner made vain attempts to get it out and ended up in defeat. Carpet cleaning for gum stains requires icing over the gum itself to freeze and harden it. Once it hardens, according to the best carpet cleaning service providers that shared this tip, you will have an easier time getting it out.
4. Grease stains or oil spills on the area. Nothing is more unsightly than a carpet that’s laden with grease or oil stains! Before you call a carpet cleaning service, try this first: spray a little bit of dishwashing detergent and water on the area and dab at it. Do this several times. Many carpet cleaning services Kansas City share that this carpet cleaning method is effective because dishwashing liquid is formulated to get grease out. If not from plates, then from your carpet, right?
5. A carpet with a bad smell. And finally, carpets that don’t get to be treated by a carpet cleaning service regularly will start to smell. But if you cannot get hold of carpet cleaning services Kansas City, you can try this handy carpet cleaning tip: sprinkle the carpet with baking soda and let it sit for some time. After about ten minutes, vacuum all over the area to remove the powder. Baking soda can act as a deodorizing agent. Sprinkling it on your carpet will draw out the odor-causing bacteria, leaving you with a carpet that is, at the very least, free from bad odors!
Having kids around is definitely tons of fun, but they can also make you rethink the way you conduct your house cleaning duties to accommodate and adjust to them. While the best thing to do is to hire house cleaning services, most families will still benefit from useful suggestions that they can apply on days when they are unable to call a house cleaning service.
Change Your Cleaning Supplies
When you clean the house in between services of house cleaning Kansas City, it would be better for you to choose cleaning supplies that are nontoxic and organic in nature. As you have children, you will definitely want them to be less exposed to harsh chemicals that are oftentimes present in many cleaning agents. If you are unsure of which cleansers to get, you can probably ask house cleaning services Kansas City for recommendations.
Keep A Broom Within Reach
As children are prone to spills and messes, it is important to have your cleaning tools on hand. Have a broom, a brush and a wiping cloth within easy reach for instant house cleaning tasks. Keep them in strategic places (most likely, in the same places where a house cleaning service will be doing clean ups, too) so you do not have to leave the children just to retrieve a mop to wipe up a spaghetti spill. Wipe it up quickly and forget about the leftover stain on the carpet that you cannot seem to wash out – house cleaning services will take care of that!
Invest in Storage
House cleaning Kansas City will most likely give the same advice – to keep things out of sight so there is less clean up to do. Toys and other playthings can be kept in closed storage bins so children are not tempted to mess them up and learn to only play with one type of toy at a time. House cleaning services Kansas City will also point out that keeping toys in storage will prevent them from getting dirty or dusty quickly, too.
Practice the Habit of a Lifetime
And finally, the habit of house cleaning can start with the children right here and right now. Give them easy tasks that they have to accomplish before or after playtime – tasks that will cut YOUR house cleaning time significantly. Suggest playing a game of house cleaning services and you are employing them for house cleaning service just like Steady Pro Cleaning. Give them simple rewards (example: extra bedtime story at night time) for a great job on their pretend house cleaning services Kansas City dramatic play, and pretty soon they will be wanting to do it all the time! Making it fun is a good way to introduce the habit of packing away and wiping simple spills that they themselves can do properly.
Following these suggestions will do a lot to make house cleaning services Overland Park more manageable for you as a parent and a homeowner. For all other tasks that are a bit too much for today, then it will be time to call house cleaning Kansas City!
For some people, cleaning windows is always one call away. That is, a call to special window cleaning in Kansas City. But there are plenty of occasions wherein one is not able to hire the services of window cleaning special KS. On these times, homeowners do the cleaning themselves. It also on these times that some common window cleaning predicaments arise – things that one would not be aware of (especially if they are used to availing Kansas City window cleaning services). Here are some of them – and here’s how you can address them, modeled after what Kansas City window cleaning pros do!
1. Streaky Windows
You may wash your windows with as much vigor as cleaners from special window cleaning in Kansas City, but you are still left with annoying window streaks in the end. As per Kansas City window cleaning services, advise using a squeegee for your Kansas City window cleaning activities instead of drying up with piece of cloth. The soft and smooth rubber edge pushes the water down flat, leaving no room for streaks. This is how the services of professional window cleaning special KS are done.
2. Mildew Formation on Window Frames
After performing some DIY window cleaning, you may be aghast to find mildew forming on the window frames some time later. To address this, advises services for special window cleaning in Kansas City, use a bleach (60 ounces) and laundry detergent (1 ounce) solution to wash up. Furthermore, Kansas City window cleaning services advise wearing rubber gloves that will protect your hands as you perform the job. To do this right just the way Kansas City window cleaning would do, apply the solution directly on the spot, wait for it to be absorbed for ten minutes, then carefully rinse with water soon after. This is how pros at window cleaning special KS would do it!
3. Windows That Easily Become Dirty
If you feel like you have done a job that’s worthy of being commended by special window cleaning in Kansas City only to find out that your windows are dirty yet again, you might have to change your routine. In particular, suggests many Kansas City window cleaning services, it’s good to look into your home’s cooling and heating system filters. If these are dirty, you need to change them. Many homes in need of window cleaning special KS are usually in need of filter changes, too. This is because the dirt traps a lot of airborne dirt and particles that settle on windows. One good advice to follow from Kansas City window cleaning is to check your filters on a monthly basis and change them when it is too dirty to let light pass through.
When you clean your windows on your own, you will find that these three solutions as recommended by many Kansas City window cleaning services will solve a lot of your Kansas City window cleaning problems. Of course, from time to time it will do you well to get special window cleaning in Kansas City. These pros in window cleaning special KS will surely do a spic and span job when you cannot attend to it!
If you like to keep a clean home, chances are you have already hired professional cleaning services like Steady Pro Cleaning to keep your place spic and span. After all, nothing gets the job done like a home cleaning service. But as much as we would like to hire house cleaning services in Kansas City as often as possible, the reality for most people is they still make the effort themselves during many times.
On days or weeks when hiring professional cleaning services like Steady Pro Cleaning is not possible, you can still get the job done by yourself. What you need to make sure is that you have the right tools for the job – the same tools that house cleaning services in Kansas City use themselves. Here’s a rundown of the essential cleaning tools to have on hand – a list that would do a home cleaning service proud!
1. Squeegee Brush. Professional cleaning services like Steady Pro Cleaning would approve having squeegee brushes on hand. House cleaning services in Kansas City also use keep squeegee brushes in their arsenal because they work well in keeping windows and showers clean.
2. Spray bottles. If you hire a home cleaning service, you will notice that they carry a lot of spray bottles with them. This is because professional cleaning services overland park like Steady Pro Cleaning use different cleaning liquids. Having them in a spray bottle makes application easy, so you should do the same in your home just like what house cleaning services in Kansas City do.
3. Sponges. There are different types of sponges, and it’s best to have a little of each (regular, abrasive, microfiber mix, etc.) just like what a home cleaning service has. It’s a great material for mopping up liquids, getting grime out of surfaces and more. Just make sure you throw them out when they get moldy, otherwise you will just be spreading germs.
4. Microfiber cloths. Professional cleaning services like Steady Pro Cleaning give the thumbs up to microfiber cloths, which are super absorbent and are able to dry surfaces with leaving streaks or scratches.
5. Toothbrush. House cleaning services in Kansas City are able to get the grime out of narrow or very detailed areas thanks to the help of toothbrushes. The small bristles are able to pick at cracks and cervices better than towels or bigger brushes, so be sure to have several on hand at any time! Instead of buying new ones for cleaning purposes, say house cleaning services Kansas City, just keep your old ones and disinfect them to make them safe to use.
6. Buckets. Say goodbye to multiple trips to the sink by having buckets on hand for cleaning. Be sure to have several of these on hand for your cleaning and rinsing solutions.
These tools are great to have to ensure that you are well-equipped in cleaning your home when necessary. The great thing about these tools is that most of them are either free or cost-effective so you need not spend so much in order to have a well-stocked cleaning closet!
If you live in a carpeted home, chances are you already know that you should hire carpet cleaning services to keep it clean. But it also does not mean that all the maintenance work should be done by Kansas City carpet cleaning services. There is also something you yourself can do in terms of carpet cleaning. You do not have to wait for carpet cleaning services in Kansas City to come to your house and scrub the dirt away. Here are some basic carpet care and maintenance you can do on a regular basis:
1. Practice the “Blot, Don’t Dab” Method. If you end up spilling colored liquid on your carpet, you should blot at the stain with paper towels, a sponge or a clean cloth. As many carpet cleaning services (especially Kansas City carpet cleaning services) will tell you, blotting will put less pressure on the carpet to soak up the stain so it will not be embedded onto the fabric. Carpet cleaning 101 requires that you blot at the stain in an outside-going-inside manner to keep it from spreading. This is a must-do tip according to many carpet cleaning services in Kansas City!
2. Don’t Pick at Gum – Freeze It Instead. Carpet cleaning services get dismayed when homeowners pick at gum that’s stuck onto the carpet. Instead, Kansas City carpet cleaning services will suggest that you place ice on the gum to freeze and harden it. Once hard, your next step in carpet cleaning is to easily pick at it with a spoon without pulling too much of the fabric. This is also what carpet cleaning services in Kansas City are likely to do if they encounter gum stuck on your carpet.
3. Get Rid of Grease With Dishwasher Detergent. Having a grease stain need not be problematic. Before you call carpet cleaning services, try spraying dishwasher detergent on it. Kansas City carpet cleaning services advise doing this several times should you have a fairly large grease stain. The detergent is a great carpet cleaning agent for grease because it will cut through grease the way it does with dishes. You can probably get most of the grease out and then leave the rest for carpet cleaning services in Kansas City to deal with.
4. Heat Wax Drippings With an Iron. You wouldn’t believe the number of people who call carpet cleaning services just to get wax stains out. However, here’s something that Kansas City carpet cleaning services suggest to remove it yourself: place a piece of cloth on the spot and then press an iron over it. When it heats up, the wax will soften and you can easily get it out without harming the fabric. This is a great carpet cleaning tip shared by carpet cleaning services in Kansas City!
These carpet cleaning tips are easy to remember and easy to do. Now, you can feel empowered knowing that you can do something to keep your carpet clean even before you call carpet cleaning services for a deep cleaning job!