Moving to a new home is always exciting, whether it’s your very first bachelor pad or a more spacious place for your growing family of five. Regardless, the task of cleaning before moving in is always first on the agenda. Busy folks might consider getting a Kansas City maid service and hire them for move in out & deep cleaning services. Others forgo local house cleaning KS (even with all the house cleaning deals Kansas City) and attempt to do much of the work alone. Here are some cleaning tips that you should think about when moving to a new house, whether you are hiring a Kansas City maid service or choosing to clean your new place yourself!
1. Start cleaning the week (or two weeks) before the movers bring everything in. You can already hire a Kansas City maid service to do a thorough scrub down when it is relatively easy, meaning there is little or no furniture to navigate around and get in the way of steady cleaning.
2. Always start with the kitchen. Before you or your local house cleaning KS starts on move in out cleaning services anywhere else, the kitchen should be the first area to become spotless. This is to ensure that the place where you will cook your first meal will be clean and sanitary. It may take you several days or weeks to fully unpack everything, but you will be eating several times a day in the kitchen all throughout.
3. Proceed with the areas you are not likely to clean as much when everything’s settled. We’re talking areas like inside the cupboards, walls that need to be scrubbed, baseboards and moldings, basements and attics, radiators, and garbage disposal units. Your Kansas City maid service that you got from house cleaning deals Kansas City should prioritize this. You are not likely to touch these areas once you and your local house cleaning KS have already pushed in the furniture in and around these places.
4. Add an antibacterial touch to the areas that your family will be frequently touching or putting things on. While your move in out cleaning services are busy polishing up the windows, go around the house and start wiping places with an antibacterial solution such as doorknobs, drawer and cabinet handles, countertops and surfaces, and other areas where your hands are likely to always be in contact with.
5. Have cleaning kits at the ready in each area or room of the house. When your move in out cleaning services help you put everything in place, things can go much faster if you don’t have to walk all the way to the other end of the house just to borrow that one broom you have, or wait for your son to finish using the bucket so you can use it yourself. Having cleaning materials and tools at the ready will mean everyone (including your local house cleaning KS) can easily reach for what they need – and finish in the least amount of time!
Putting your home up for sale will require major cleaning, sometimes from professional home cleaning services or a cleaning service Kansas City. But when you don’t have access to professional move in/out cleaning at the moment, there are still some things you can do on your home. Read this short checklist that tackles all the areas you can do yourself. When you have time, you may want to call the cleaners or residential post construction cleaning to handle the other parts that you couldn’t!
1. First things first: tidy up your things. Before you call professional home cleaning services or do the cleaning yourself, the prerequisite is always to tidy up. Put your home in order and throw away what needs to be discarded. This eliminates the junk from your home so you are just left with whatever really needs to be cleaned by yourself or a cleaning service Kansas City.
2. Scrub down the walls. New people entering your house for the first time will immediately notice how your walls look, which is why many get professional move in/out cleaning to make their walls as clean as possible. If you don’t have time or the budget to get the whole house repainted, at the very least scrub it down with some detergent and water to get the grime out.
3. Make your floors shine. Mopping the floor is a good thing, but what will really make it stand out is to make it shine. Some residential post construction cleaning go the extra mile by waxing and polishing the floor to make it look extra nice, especially before a home walk through.
4. Vacuum or launder the carpet. If you have a carpet, it is good for you to vacuum it thoroughly and focus on removing some stains if there are any. You don’t want people sneezing because of the dust it’s accumulated, nor do you want them to sidestep suspicious looking stains that can lower the asking price of your home!
5. Clean and clear your furniture. If you still have a lot of furniture left in your current home, by all means set it up so it looks neat and not too lived-in. If you can, put some in storage so the house is as bare as it can get. Having furniture around can give prospective homeowners an idea of how to set up your house. On the flipside, it can also prevent them from seeing the overall quality of the house or its personal potential for dressing up.
6. Wash down cabinet doors. You may not notice it, but cabinet doors can get stained over the years. A few swipes at them with some soapy water will reveal just how bright they originally were, according to professional home cleaning services. Go through all the cabinet doors in your house and give them a good scrub down.
These six tips will help make your home look cleaner, brighter, and deserving of an asking price that mirrors its beauty!
If there is something common across most households that local house cleaning services visit, it’s that mold grows in different places. Any residential maid service will tell you that molds grow where humidity is most obviously present such as windows, light switches & more and that they often spring up in places we overlook. House cleaning in KC will always include the eradication of these molds but you do not need to wait for house cleaning deals Kansas City to spot them yourself. Here are five places where these pesky molds will likely sprout their ugly, allergy-inducing heads! Read to know how you can get rid of them!
Molds in Refrigerator Drip Pans
Local house cleaning services often insist on clearing the drip pan of your refrigerator because mold can grow there. This is due to the collection of food spills and moisture, which makes for an ideal environment for mold growth. To clean it, a residential maid service advises spraying it with a mixture of one teaspoon hydrogen peroxide diluted in 1 cup of water. After spraying, wipe clean using a white vinegar-soaked rag.
Molds in Chimneys
House cleaning in KC will point out a significant collection of mold in your chimney, which is unsurprising considering the amount of dirt, debris and water that gets collected there. When you score house cleaning deals Kansas City, you will definitely have it checked out. But on your own, ensure that you replace any caps if they are rusted.
Molds in Window Seals
It’s practically normal for local house cleaning services to discover molds in window seals and even sashes because the condensation that occurs allows for moisture that encourages mold growth. With its exposure to dust and dirt that serve as its food, mold will definitely grow there! A residential maid service suggests opening your windows and wiping down the moisture at the bottom after a heavy rain. Window and house cleaning in KC will also be easier if you repair or replace broken or failing window sashes to lessen condensation.
Molds in Front Loading Washing Machines
See the gasket found on your front-loading washing machine’s door? Because it is often wet and is exposed to lint, mold multiplies easily. While house cleaning deals Kansas City include a good scrub down, this part might be missed. To keep it mold-free, always wipe the glass and the gasket dry prior to closing the door. As per local house cleaning services, if mold is already present, run an empty load with hot water and chlorine bleach that will help to eliminate the fungi!
Molds in Air Conditioners
Because your air conditioner traps pollen and dust and gathers moisture found in the air, you have a recipe for mold success! This is especially true if your air conditioner remains unused in warm weather, which will encourage mold to grow not just in the ducts but also on the coils and the drain pans. To wipe it out, clean the air conditioner blower with a vacuum that has a HEPA filter. Flush the coils and scrub down the drain pan with a water and bleach solution (with a 1:1 ratio). Make sure you run your air conditioner for at least ten minutes each day to prevent mold from accumulating.
Now that you know where mold also grows in your home, it is time to seek and destroy them!
House cleaning does not exactly rank high up in most people’s lists of enjoyable things to do. This is why many individuals hire home maid cleaning services from reputable house cleaning services Kansas City. While there certainly are many benefits to enlisting local house cleaning services, one usually cannot afford to do this every couple of days. Despite it being a professional job, a Kansas City House Cleaning recommendation is you still do your share of house cleaning in between local house cleaning services. Here’s how to make it more enjoyable:
1. Invest in good cleaning equipment. Put the fun back in cleaning and delay calling up the home maid cleaning service by choosing cleaning equipment that you like and will make the job easier for you. Buy scrubbing brushes in your favorite color, liquids in scents you like, and invest in high powered gadgetry (like vacuums) that cut cleaning time in half. When you like your tools, you are more inclined to whip them out.
2. Make a realistic cleaning schedule. When house cleaning services Kansas City come in, they do all the work in one day. As for you, however, you can probably choose a few cleaning chores per day to keep it manageable. This is so you do not feel overwhelmed and just call your local house cleaning services because you can do it yourself without feel very tired soon after.
3. Distribute the workload. If you live with other people, get them to have their fair share of tasks. This is a common Kansas City House Cleaning recommendation because many hands make light work. Make sure that when you assign chores, it is something each person can do and takes into consideration his or her schedule.
4. Motivate yourself with a reward. Looking forward to a simple but nice treat after cleaning the house might have you cleaning as if a home maid cleaning service had done the job! Rewards need not be extravagant: opening that tub of your favorite ice cream, going out for a pizza dinner, setting up the tub for a nice and relaxing soak – these simple pleasures are made all the more meaningful when you put in some house cleaning work to justify them.
5. Leave the big tasks to the pros. There are some aspects of house cleaning that people really dread: clearing out the roof gutter, washing all the windows, scrubbing the garage, and more. Decide to give up on these tasks and allow house cleaning services Kansas City to take over. You do not need to stress over things like these when you can turn your attention and energy to more important stuff like family, wellness, and social life. It can also help to make your more simple tasks like sweeping the kitchen or vacuuming the couch a lot easier in retrospect.
House cleaning need not be something to dread or something to look at in a negative light. In between calling up local house cleaning services, these tips will surely make you feel that housework is not just doable but also enjoyable!
Becoming a homeowner is more than just being able to afford a home and properly furnishing it. The real challenge lies in how well you keep it clean. While many people employ residential cleaning services Kansas City, this is not something that many people can do on a daily basis. There are also many household cleaning tasks that a Kansas City Maid Service will not usually touch on. As such, before you call your home maid cleaning service you should have some cleaning know-how to get you by during the in-between times and additional tasks. Fortunately, these super useful cleaning secrets and hacks will help you with just that:
1. Have an odor-free refrigerator with coffee grounds. Local house cleaning services do not usually include refrigerator cleaning, so if you want to make your refrigerator odor-free place a cup of new or even used coffee grounds inside. The interior will absorb the scent of the coffee for several weeks until you will have to replace it.
2. Clean your dishwasher hassle-free with white vinegar. If your residential cleaning services Kansas City will not touch on this cleaning task, you can do it yourself in a stress-free manner. Pour half a cup of white vinegar into your dishwasher detergent cup and turn on the (empty) machine, letting it run for one whole cycle. The result will be better than you putting half your body in and scrubbing it yourself!
3. Use dryer sheets to clean pots and pans. If you do not feel like scrubbing pots and pans with a deep crust that resulted after baking, you may be tempted to just let a home maid cleaning service do it. Instead, leave one dryer sheet in every pot or pan, fill it up with water and leave overnight. The following day, swirl the dryer sheet around and see how the residue is very soft and clings to the dryer sheet. The combination of fabric softener and antistatic agent helps the residue loosen from the pot and be easily wiped up by the dryer sheet.
4. Nix garbage grime with old newspapers. Slimy and stinky garbage grime may turn you off and make you wish that local house cleaning services would come over and clear it for you. But it does not have to accumulate like that ever again! By lining your garbage bins with old newspapers, you have something that absorbs the slimy leaks and stinky odors before they get gelled up at the bottom.
5. Deodorize and clean your microwave easily with water and lemon juice. Cleaning your microwave might not be on the list of services of a Kansas City Maid Service, so here’s a quick trick to do it. Squeeze the juice of a small lemon into a small bowl of water, place in a microwave (along with the lemon peels) and turn it on high for 4-5 minutes. The evaporating lemon scent will cut through lingering food odors, while the steam will soften up any splatters that will make for real easy wiping.
These five super useful cleaning tips and tricks are so easy to apply, you will probably get to do them all in one night – and many nights regularly so soon after that!
Having your house cleaned by a service for house cleaning in Kansas City KS is every homeowner’s dream. After all, who would not want to step into a sparkling clean and neat home? But in between local house cleaning KS would be your regular daily routine… and with that routine comes the gradual development of mess and dirt. It is part and parcel of daily living, but you do not have to always find local house cleaners every couple of days to maintain the house in between deep cleaning services by a residential maid service. The trick is to involve the family in house cleaning. When others pitch in through ways that they will find manageable, you can even extend the time between calling house cleaning services Kansas City!
1. Assign chores that are within the schedules and capabilities of family members. In between house cleaning in Kansas City KS, ask members of the family who come home late to be the ones to throw out the trash accumulated throughout the day. Younger members may be asked to pick up and pack away their own toys, and middle schoolers can do the task of wiping up surfaces after doing their homework. Whatever the task, make sure they can physically do it and it won’t make them be late for what they need to do.
2. Draft a cleaning schedule with everyone’s individual tasks in it. Local house cleaning KS makes cleaning schedules for all the homes they clean; why not make one for all the chores each person needs to accomplish? This allows others to monitor one another’s responsibilities so that everyone is motivated to do his or her best.
3. Prepare cleaning and tidying materials for everyone. Think of what a residential maid service would use to clean each area of the home, and gather the necessary tools for all the tasks you want your family to do and put them near their area of responsibility.
4. Demonstrate and explain the best and easiest way to accomplish each task. This will give each family member an idea of what kind of cleaning to do so they only have to do it once to get it right, like house cleaning services Kansas City.
5. Be open to rotating chores every few weeks. Other members might tire of their regular chore; switch things up if you think it will be best for everyone all in the name of house cleaning in Kansas City. But if the members of your family prefer their first set of tasks to be their permanent tasks, then leave them be. It may also be good for them to get used to their chores and automatically do it right each time.
6. Thank them for their efforts. If you can thank local house cleaning KS after they have done a stellar job of house cleaning in Kansas City KS, you can express your gratitude to your family when you see them fulfilling their duties to maintain the house. A kind word goes a long way, but from time to time you may also want to up the reward, treat them to something special (like a pizza party or an at-home movie night complete with popcorn!) and keep them ever so motivated to do their chores!
For many people, a clean house may sometimes require more help than just sweeping the floors from top to bottom. They may require the help of a home maid cleaning service to achieve the kind of deep home cleaning in KC they really want. It can be a bit of a challenge to find local house cleaners, but when you do and discover they are a gem you will want to keep calling them back for house cleaning in KC. Here are four signs you can watch out for to know that the house cleaning services group you found is for keeps:
1. They arrive on time. House cleaning in KC will take time, so it pays for your home maid cleaning service to arrive when they have to. Moreover, a good company that offers house cleaning services and deep home cleaning in KC stays until the entire job is done and does not clock out after a set amount of hours. When you find local house cleaners that make it a point to be punctual, you know they are professional enough to value your time as well as theirs.
2. They have their own deep home cleaning in KC specialized equipment for attending to their house cleaning services. When the home maid cleaning service crew rolls in, expect that they have everything they need for house cleaning in KC. This includes both high-powered gadgetry and ordinary brushes and tubs. Steer clear of a home maid cleaning service that asks you to provide the equipment for cleaning your own home – leave where you find local house cleaners like that!
3. They offer specialized cleaning services for the different aspects of your home. A professional home maid cleaning service is for keeps if they offer specialized house cleaning services as part of their deep home cleaning in KC service package. This includes carpet cleaning, window cleaning – which will be a completely different method of cleaning. If you find local house cleaners that offer specialized cleaning services like these, take note of them ASAP!
4. They offer a fair computation and estimate for the house cleaning services you want to avail. You will find local house cleaners to be professional to the core when they take into account the specifics of house cleaning services that will be needed for your very own home. House cleaning in KC need not always be a one-price deal. When you need a service for deep home cleaning in KC, take note if the home maid cleaning service asks for additional information about your home so they can give you the right quotation. If they rattle off a price right away, then they are not really after giving you the best value for your money.
House cleaning services come in really handy for when you do not have the time to do it, but the first number you look up online or in a directory might not always be the best team for the job. If you do your research well and take into consideration these four signs, then you will end up with a home maid cleaning service that is a keeper and a winner.
If you find that members of your family always seem to be getting sick or take a very long time to recuperate from a bout of illness, it’s probably time to check your house for the culprit. Instead of taking mega doses of vitamins and health supplements, you’d best hire house cleaning services to get all the mold out.
Yes, mold. Pro house cleaning Kansas City aficionados state that once all that mold has been taken out, families instantly feel better. Home cleaning Kansas City KS is not just about removing dust and grime – they are also all about getting rid of toxic bacteria that can cause allergies and illnesses, such as mold! Many people do not always think of mold when they look for culprits for illnesses because molds tend to surface in places that are difficult to reach, such as nooks and crannies. This then makes them difficult to kill and leaves them free to grow in abundance.
According to pro house cleaning Kansas City, the two most significant issues that people have when it comes to mold are health difficulties and the way it damages some of your property. House cleaning services often find good furniture blemished by molds and mildew because of a home’s high humidity levels. Home cleaning Kansas City KS can usually remove all these, but some that have had a good amount of mold or mildew might not be restored back to its original condition.
More than damages to furniture, mold does a lot to trigger common ailments like headaches or even breathing issues in your family members. Mold creates mycotoxins, and those who are allergic to mycotoxins will manifest its symptoms: a runny nose, sneezing, asthma attacks, skin rashes and nose, lungs and throat irritations. If you want to keep your family in the pink of health, then you should definitely hire special house cleaning services to ensure that these molds are eliminated from your home.
Getting Rid of the Mold
If you cannot yet get hold of house cleaning services, there are things you can do to get rid of some visible molds in your home. Pro house cleaning Kansas City suggests investing in household products that specialize in killing mold spores. You can also try home remedies that can be used against mold, such as oil and vinegar mixtures that you can spray right at the source of the mold. Home cleaning Kansas City KS also suggests a water and bleach mixture, which is quite effective in nixing mold off surfaces. For other molds that you cannot reach, then that is the time you should call special house cleaning services.
Locating the Mold
Mold grows in areas that have high humidity or moisture. While mold killing products are effective, pro house cleaning Kansas City suggests that mold will be a recurring issue if you do not find the source of it. A tip given by many house cleaning services is to check the area where molds are discovered and look for something that creates the climate favorable to mold. Home cleaning Kansas City KS shares that it may be a leaky pipe, or cracks in the wall or window that let air and water in. Repair these areas after you have special house cleaning services come over to clean your home to ensure that molds will not return and become a thing of the past!
So you’ve decided to enlist the help of pro house cleaning Kansas City and are now enjoying the results of professional deep cleaning. Well and good, but your next task is to make these results last longer. Fret not, for you need not scour the web for weekly house cleaning deals Kansas City if you cannot afford to do so – these simple and doable tips will help to lengthen the time between residential cleaning services. The best news is that you can get the whole family involved!
Kansas City House Cleaning Recommendation One: Leave cleaning equipment within easy reach in each room of the house. Pro house cleaning Kansas City used different everyday tools such as brooms, rag cloths, cleaning solutions, sponges and more. Make sure that you take note which of these were used by residential cleaning services in each area of the house and leave one set there. This allows you to clean the moment you need to, such as when spills are made or dirt is tracked in the house and you do not want to wait for house cleaning deals Kansas City to get your place clean.
Kansas City House Cleaning Recommendation Two: Create a rotating cleaning schedule everyday. Map out your week and target one or two spots per day that you will clean. If you cannot spend a whole day cleaning the entire house like pro house cleaning Kansas City, the least you can do is to deep clean one or two areas per day. You can choose to clean the bathrooms on a Monday, the living room on Tuesday, and so on.
Kansas City House Cleaning Recommendation Three: Assign daily chores to everyone in the household. Residential cleaning services gets everything done by their team, but you have a team, too – the people whom you live with. Assign simple, everyday chores to individuals such as sweeping the stairs, wiping the windows, or mopping certain floors of the house. Stress that these tasks take no more than ten to fifteen minutes of their time, so there is certainly no excuse to not do it!
Kansas City House Cleaning Recommendation Four: Invest in key equipment that will make cleaning faster and less of a hassle. In this day and age, people count on house cleaning deals Kansas City for residential cleaning services. But technology has made leaps and bounds in making the task of cleaning your home easier and even enjoyable, thanks to tools like handheld vacuum cleaners or lightweight cordless vacuum cleaners. Sometimes, we don’t get to clean because of the hassle that comes with unraveling cords or lugging around heavy equipment. With today’s tools, it can be a breeze to clean with high tech gadgetry that pays for itself in the long run, so you may as well consider making the investment!
While it is great to have regular residential cleaning services, there will always be plenty of times that you will need to attend to cleaning tasks just to keep your home from looking like it’s been neglected. These recommendations will help you achieve just that!
If you have ever wondered whether you should hire house cleaning services like Steady Pro Cleaning, you would really be glad to know that now is the perfect time to do so. Hiring professional house cleaning Kansas City has a number of advantages for every homeowner. Once you know more about how advantageous house cleaning services in Kansas City are, you will come to realize that it is money well spent indeed. Read on ahead to know more about four convincing reasons to do so:
Reason 1: House Cleaning Services Have More “Reach” – literally. Professional house cleaning Kansas City such as Steady Pro Cleaning are able to clean more of the same area than you can. This is because when you hire house cleaning services in Kansas City, a team of cleaners comes over to do the whole job. They are able to reach more areas such as the tiniest nooks and crannies than you most likely ever could because it is their job to do so! The result? A cleaner, healthier house for you and your family.
Reason 2: House cleaning services such as Steady Pro Cleaning have services tailored to your needs. When you book an appointment with professional house cleaning Kansas City, you are not always saying ‘yes’ to a top-to-bottom full house cleaning. You have the option to choose which particular areas you only want them to clean. This comes especially handy when you have only set aside budget for a particular area (window cleaning, for example) or only a certain area of your house is in dire need of cleaning by the professionals.
Reason 3: House cleaning services such as Steady Pro Cleaning actually come out as affordable options. If you do the math and take into consideration some of the numerous discounts and package prices offered by professional house cleaning Kansas City, you would see that the cost of hiring one is practically the same (or even less!) as the amount of time and money involved if you were to do it yourself. If time is money, then you are certainly getting your money’s worth as you can spend more time generating it rather than going about the business of cleaning your house.
Reason 4: Professional house cleaning Kansas City makes for a great “time out”. On the flipside, you can also choose to hire house cleaning services like Steady Pro Cleaning in order to get that much-needed time out you deserve. On days or weeks that you especially feel like being on the edge of a burnout, having the pros clean your house just may be what the doctor ordered in order for you to take a step back and regroup. Using the time to pamper yourself or simply go on a day out could very well be the best way to establish some balance in your life so you can be a healthier happier person for yourself and to others. And of course, at the end of the day you get to come home to a house that has been professional cleaned!