There are many houses that have showers with doors instead of curtains which can be attributed to the changing trends in home design. The disadvantage of having shower doors is that hard water stains and soap scum will be put on full display, whether your glass is frosted or not.
We can help you in removing hard water stains from shower doors using natural DIY solutions. This list is by professional maid service Overland Park providers.
Vinegar for Cleaning Shower Doors– Vinegar can prove to be highly effective.
You’ll Need– distilled white vinegar, distilled water, a microwave-safe bowl, a spray bottle and microfiber cloths.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix one-part vinegar to three parts water.
- Microwave the mixture for 60 seconds and pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Mist the shower doors with the solution and let this sit for three to five minutes.
- Wipe the doors dry with a microfiber cloth, working from top to bottom.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to buff out any streak.
Cleaning Shower Doors with Ammonia– A DIY ammonia-based cleaner can help you get a streak-free shine on glass tabletops.
You’ll Need– two tablespoons of ammonia, two quarts of warm distilled water, a large spray bottle and microfiber cloths.
- In your spray bottle, mix the ammonia and water together and apply the solution to your shower doors.
- Leave the cleaner on the door for three to five minutes.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe the solution from the door working from the top to the bottom.
- Use a fresh cloth to remove any remaining streaks.
Shower Door Cleaning with Lemon– Use lemons in cleaning your shower doors as Citric acid has some amazing cleaning properties, and lemon juice smells great as well.
You’ll Need– Two or three lemons (always pick heavy lemons at the store), a spray bottle, distilled water and microfiber cloths.
- Squeeze about 3 tablespoons of juice from the lemons and mix it with a cup of distilled water in your spray bottle.
- Mix the liquids by shaking the bottle thoroughly.
- Spray the shower doors with the solution and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Wipe the solution from the glass using downward motions.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to buff any streaks.
Shower Doors Cleaning on a Regular Basis– When it comes to a DIY method, there is nothing foolproof that will keep hard water stains, mildew and soap scum from coming back forever. You can slow these bathroom baddies down by doing two easy things regularly:
- Wipe down doors and walls with a dry microfiber cloth after each shower.
- When your bathroom isn’t in use, keep the doors open which will allow air to circulate, which can help prevent mildew growth.
Keep in mind that hard water stains build up over time. There are no two ways that regular cleaning will improve the condition of the door, but the surface may never be completely restored to its original state. The easiest way to keep hard water stains and soap scum from taking over shower doors is to let someone else take care of them for you like maid service providers.
In the Overland Park region, you can approach the acclaimed Tidy Up Angels LLC which has been providing residential cleaning to the region since 2008. There is no secrecy to how we arrive at our price. You are in control at every step of the way. Contact us on 913-642-2006.