Before, during, and after the holidays, housekeeping can be quite a challenge. Cooking, celebrating, and entertaining take center stage, and all that fun can put housekeeping on the back burner. Instead of choosing between having fun, holiday house cleaning, or guilty feelings, we have a better idea. Stop running yourself ragged during the holiday season and streamline your housekeeping with our proven cleaning checklist for holiday homes.
Holiday Cleaning Checklist for Living Areas
Start in the kitchen and remove any appliances and other clutter you won’t use during the holidays.
Move on to the dining room and living to put away items.
Empty the laundry basket from the bathroom and pick up the floor.
From the dining room to the kitchen to the bathroom, these holiday cleaning tips will keep every room guest-ready and sparkling clean throughout the holidays.
Dining Room And Living Room Holiday Cleaning Tasks
Your dining room and living room see a lot of traffic, especially during the holidays. Festive meals, drinks and appetizers, and other holiday goodies can cause a mess almost anywhere. From the dining table to your living room upholstery, start with a clean slate and be prepared for accidents with plenty of cleaning supplies. To get your living room and dining room clean for the holidays, use these tips to get rid of dust, dirt, and grime before the holidays and all season long.
- Sweep and mop hard surface floors and clean the baseboards.
- Vacuum the carpet and any rugs, and use an extension tool to get underneath furniture and into corners.
- Spot treat any stains on the carpet, rugs, or upholstered furniture.
- Dust surfaces like shelves, windows, and door frames, then damp wipe with a microfiber cloth to remove dust and dirt.
- Remove and clean window screens, then clean your windows inside and out, including the window tracks.
- Remove loose cushions and pillows and fluff them to remove dust.
- Vacuum sofas and chairs before replacing the cushions and pillows.
- Clean decorations and knick-knacks with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Give your plants a good cleaning to freshen them up. (Yes, you really can!)
- Eliminate any pet odors.
- Place coasters on glass and wood-top furniture to prevent water rings and stains.
- To keep your living room and dining room clean during the holiday festivities, enlist your guests and family to make the job easier. Ask everyone to return dishes and glassware to the kitchen when they’re done, and make sure everyone knows where the cleanup supplies are in case of a spill. To keep these busy rooms smelling fresh, light some scented holiday candles.
Kitchen Holiday Cleaning Tips
When you’re planning out your holiday meals and snacks, check your supply of dishcloths, scrubbers, and cleaning supplies. If you’re running low, be sure to replenish your stash for the inevitable holiday house cleaning that awaits you! Ensure you have paper towels and all-purpose cleaning sprays for quick cleanups of spills and other kitchen mishaps. Once you’re prepared for cooking and kitchen cleaning during the holidays, let’s get your kitchen sparkling clean for a fresh start for your holiday house cleaning.
- Purge your refrigerator and give it a good cleaning before you stock it with holiday groceries. Leave an open box of baking soda inside to absorb any odors.
- Deep clean your oven and stove top.
- Wipe down counters, cabinet doors, and other surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Clean your microwave and other small appliances.
- Give your dishwasher a thorough cleaning.
- Wash the windows, and be sure to wipe down the frame and clean the windowsill.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Wash and disinfect trash cans.
- Purge and organize food cabinets.
- Give your garbage disposal some extra attention. To cut down on odors, chop up a whole lemon and let the disposal go to work.
- To keep your kitchen clean during the holiday festivities, get in the habit of cleaning as you go. Clear the table and counters after each meal to keep clutter to a minimum. Wipe up spills immediately.
For all your home cleaning needs treat yourself every week to a month – it is time for a good clean at the house – using our cleaning service in Kansas City, you can count on our skilled staff to take care of any loose ends throughout the week. Call us today to our teams of professional cleaners are ready to take care of the hard work for you. Book a clean today and leave the rest up to us – Treat yourself and your home! Tidy Up Angels has been providing residential cleaning service to the Overland Park area since 2008. Trusting someone to clean your home can be a little unnerving. If this is your first time hiring a cleaning company, we want you to know that you can relax with Tidy Up Angels. Our company is fully insured and bonded; safeguarding your most personal possessions. Honesty, integrity, and good work ethics are the back bone of our company. We aim to meet all your expectations and we hope to exceed them during each service. Let us know how we can help with your house cleaning services in Overland Park and how we can help you – contact Tidy Up Angels LLC at 913-642-2006.