You most probably use a vacuum in your routine household cleaning but when was the last time you cleaned your vacuum itself. People forget that the household cleaning tools need maintenance themselves. Keeping the cleaning appliances in pristine condition can increase their shelf-life and result in a more thorough clean.
Here’s a list from maid services in Overland Park on how you can clean your vacuum cleaner:
The vacuum needs ample airflow to work properly which you can achieve by keeping the canisters and filters clean. You need to make sure to empty your vacuum’s canister whenever it’s halfway full. Also, make sure to clean your vacuum on a regular basis following the below-mentioned instructions:
You will Need– Dishwashing liquid, microfiber cloths, scissors and grout brush.
Easy Steps to Follow:
- Remove the canister by unplugging the vacuum cleaner.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe the inside of the canister and then wash it in the sink with warm soapy water.
- Rinse away all the soap suds.
- Let it dry completely prior to replacing it.
- Next, move on to the filter, it is important that you check your manufacturer’s instructions to determine whether the filter is washable or needs to be replaced.
- Wash your filter by removing it first and then tap it against a hard surface so that any dust is knocked out.
- Using warm water, rinse the filter under the sink tap. Do not use soap or cleaners provided your manufacturer’s instructions specifically ask you to do so.
- Keep the filter to dry overnight. It should be completely dry prior to replacement.
- Next, comes the base plate. Remove it so that you can clean the beater bar.
- Remove any debris from the beater bar using a grout brush.
- Cut any threads or hair away taking care not to damage the bristles on the bar.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe down the base plate of the vacuum. Next, wipe down the outside of the vacuum with the same microfiber cloth.
Hope, these tips will help you in keeping up your routine home maintenance.
Some of the other home cleaning supplies include:
Bedroom Cleaning Supplies– A bucket, several microfiber cloths, dishwashing liquid, vacuum cleaner with attachments, an extendable microfiber duster or ceiling fan cleaner, distilled white vinegar and a spray bottle.
Bathroom Cleaning Supplies List– distilled white vinegar, spray bottle, microfiber cloths, a plastic sandwich bag and a rubber band, an old toothbrush, a grout cleaner, toilet cleaner and brush.
Common area Cleaning Supplies– An extendable microfiber duster or ceiling fan cleaner, microfiber cloths, distilled white vinegar, a spray bottle, a bucket, dishwashing liquid and vacuum cleaner with upholstery attachment.
Kitchen Cleaning Supplies– Kitchen countertop cleaner, a spray bottle, microfiber cloths, baking soda, microfiber mop, dishwashing liquid and a bucket.
For house cleaning or maid services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.