You must be having marble tils in your bathroom. As you know, marble is a gorgeous material, however, it is also high-maintenance in terms of the way it should be cleaned or taken care of. The high levels of humidity and water usage in the bathroom make it even more challenging to care for marble properly.
Here’s a list from maid services in Overland Park on how to clean a marble shower which will help you in keeping your bathroom free of grime and maintain the attractive looks of your stone.
Most people are of the notion of marble being resilient because of it being a stone. Well, it’s actually quite delicate which highlights the importance of the right cleaning products and tools to use and the ones to avoid when cleaning a marble shower on the part of individuals.
- Make sure to check your manufacturer’s care instructions to ensure you don’t void the warranty.
- Avoid using scrapers, the coarse sides of sponges or scrub brushes to clean your marble shower because the stone can be scratched very easily.
- Do not use acidic cleaners like lemon, vinegar or citrus-based soaps as they can damage the stone’s surface. Go for pH-neutral cleaners.
- It is important that you follow your manufacturer’s care instructions in terms of sealing your marble shower tiles as sealant helps protect your stone.
Rigorous Cleaning of a Marble Shower
The frequency at which you clean the marble in your bathroom totally depends on how often the shower is being used. For example, you might need to wash the tiles a couple of times a week, if you have several people showering each day. On the contrary, if your shower is only used one or two times daily, you might be able to get away with cleaning once every week or two.
Here’s a simple DIY method that can prove to be beneficial for you in cleaning a marble shower:
You will Need– a spray bottle; 1 tablespoon of mild dishwashing liquid; warm water and microfiber cloths.
- Pour the dishwashing liquid into the bottle and fill the rest with warm water.
- Mix the solution by shaking it properly.
- Spray the mixture on your shower’s marble surfaces.
- Gently rub the solution onto the shower wall especially to areas with mildew or soap scum using vertical or horizontal strokes.
- Use clean water in rinsing the soapy solution off the marble shower surfaces.
- With a fresh microfiber cloth, wipe down the shower surfaces until they are totally dry.
Cleaning a Marble Shower on a Regular Basis
Marble, anyday, makes a bathroom look and feel downright luxe. Unfortunately, it’s a stone that can be etched by hard water deposits. That means it’s important to maintain your shower surfaces on a daily basis. You should wipe down all shower tiles after each use regardless of the material which becomes all the more important for marble, since residues from soaps and body washes, as well as minerals from hard water, can damage the surface of your stone.
Keep a stack of clean microfiber towels in the bathroom in order to wipe down the shower walls on a regular basis.
Taking care of the marble shower on a regular basis will make it look beautiful thus adding an attractive look to your bathroom. But if you are time-pressed, hire professional house cleaning services.
Contact the acclaimed Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park for house cleaning services and get the best results. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience. Contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.